Lilly in the Lab: Augmented Reality Game
UPDATE COMING SOON!
Welcome to Lilly’s Lab!
We need your help to complete Lilly’s experiment by collecting ingredients. But first we need to get you set up!
Start by downloading our app “Lilly in the Lab” from the Google Play Store (iOS Coming Soon!)
- Once the app is downloaded hit the “Play Game” button.
- The app will ask you for permission to access your device’s location and camera. You will need these features to successfully complete the game.
- Once you have granted the app permissions you should be able to see through your phone’s camera. Press anywhere on the screen to shoot a Fluffle! (Lilly’s little orange friend). She will help you catch ingredients
- *IMPORTANT* Wave your phone around like a wizard until your camera see coloured “scans” on flat surfaces. If you do not see scans, you will not see Lilly or the ingredients.
- When you see the scans on the ground, tap your screen and Lilly will spawn in the location. Lilly will spawn in any location. In your living room, by the Eiffel Tower, anywhere!
Pro tip: For great photos, position the camera with a good background before spawning Lilly. Lilly is random though! She might run away, or be facing away from you.
Playing Lilly in the Lab:
- This game is like “Where’s Waldo” when searching for ingredients. You can spawn Lilly anywhere, but you can only find the ingredients in 5 special locations in Marda Loop in Calgary.
- Wave your phone around until you see the coloured “scans” on the ground.
- When you are in one of the 5 Marda Loop locations, a brown SPIKY BALL will appear in the centre of the screen.
- Tap the SPIKY BALL for instructions.
- Soon you will see the ingredients you need to collect. Look up! They are not always on the ground.
- Tap the screen to release a Fluffle. When Fluffle collides with 10 ingredients, you win an ingredient. Ingredients show up on the orange tool belt along the bottom.
- When you find all five, you can open the lab portal, and see inside Lilly’s Lab.
Glitch patrol: If the game stops creating “scans” on the ground, turn it off, then back on again.
Reload Previous Icons: Press MAP, then Reload Progress (upper left hand button). It will be reload your previous icons, and allow you to continue the game.
Thank you for your help and we hope to see you in the lab shortly. Best of luck!